Blood feces in the feces of an infant
author: pediatrician Pristavko Т.А.
A small child requires special attention and care. Every change in the state of his health by his parents must be viewed with caution. Caring for his baby sometimes saves not only his health, but also life.
Normally, the feces of the child have a light yellow color, a mushy consistency, in children on natural feeding of feces more often in the form of a liquid slurry with a milky sour smell. Executions are observed from 1 to 7 times a day.
But the presence of blood veins in the stool to the norm does not apply. Blood lodges can appear with usual, often met violations of health status, but there are reasons and more serious that need to be urgently and immediately eliminated.
The causes of the appearance of blood veins in the feces of the baby
1. The most common cause is the cracks in the anus:
- With constipation. Usually stooling is observed in infants who are on artificial feeding. It also occurs in infants whose mothers do not follow a diet for nursing. Blood oozes out of the cracks in the anus, which appear when straining the baby. Usually the bloody streaks are located in stripes along the stool.
- Injuries to the anus after a sloppy setting of the enema or attempt to cause a stool with a cotton swab in the anus. This can not be done - the mucosa of a child is very thin and vulnerable. You do not need to heal, the wound will heal on its own.
2. Allergy to milk protein is the second most frequent cause. It is observed in artificial children for the protein cow milk, with breastfeeding almost never occurs. Reason: the intestinal mucosa is inflamed and feces, moving, tearing small thin and fragile vessels from the disease. It is enough to replace the mixture with a more modern one with highly hydrolyzed protein, if there is no effect, then the child should be transferred to a mixture of goat's milk, soy.
3. Lactase insufficiency. It is manifested by colic, liquid stool, vomiting. Treatment: a special lactose-free diet.
4. Turn of the middle gut. An acute surgical condition is diagnosed in the first days of a baby's life. Treatment with surgery.
5. Defect development of the vessel in the wall of the bowel. A small developmental anomaly that requires control of the hemoglobin level. With satisfactory health and hemoglobin, no treatment is required.
6. Diathesis of hemorrhagic nature. A lure may appear; food consumed by a nursing mother. All suspicious products must be deleted, new ones should be entered with care.
7. Inflammation of the small, large intestine (enterocolitis). It is manifested by frequent diarrhea, pain in the tummy, flatulence. More common are:
- Staphylococcal enterocolitis. The child is restless, screaming because of severe pains in the abdomen, the chair is loosened, with mucus. The treatment is simple, the pediatrician appoints.
- Enterocolitis in case of acute intestinal infection. It is manifested by fever, diarrhea, vomiting. Stool with a sharp unpleasant odor, with mucus and lumps. Blood veins appear during dysentery (neobylny chair by spitting type), escherichiosis. Treatment in the infectious disease department.
8. Worms. A rare phenomenon for babies, but it occurs if the family has older children, cats, dogs.
9. Neoplasms. Benign and malignant.
Often with streaks of blood, you can indulge undigested red dietary fiber, if the baby ate raspberries, strawberries.
Do not test the fate of a young child and resort to folk recipes for treatment or advice grandmothers, contact in time for consultation with specialists. Fortunately, in infancy, the cause of the appearance of blood in the feces is a violation of nutrition and frustration on the part of the digestive organs.
shiv gupta: Sir how to check if our baby have polyps or not ..how to diagnose. my baby is 10months old and from last 4 months many times blood comes in stool pediatrition is giving antibiotics and sachets but after a week again same problem starts.
prakriti bhandari: my sister is 3 month old and sshe had diarrehea along with blood and also a fever so what shall we do and due to what it happened?? suggest me sirr
Samaresh Mondal: Sir mera baby 6month ka hai aur use nan pro 2 pilata hu aur 2din se potty patla ho raha hai aur potty me halka blood aa raha lag raha kya reason ho sakta hai
Lidu Beh: Sir meri baby 8 month ki hai pichle 5 din se green poop kar rahe hai...uske baht thora ² poop mein blood bhi ate hai
SHASHANK CINEMATOGRAPHER: Maine apne 4mnt ke bachhe ko watermellon ka juice pilya tha... Uske baad 2 din tak uske potty me kabhi kabhi red type ka kuch dikh raha hai... Iska kya reason ho sakta hai... Plz suggetion dijiye.. 🙏
Author: surgeon Yurevich VV
Bleeding is the flow of blood from the vessels either outwardly, or into any cavity of the body. Bleeding is divided into the following types. Depending on the location of the outflow of blood, they can be:
Gastric bleeding is an urgent problem of emergency surgery. Accelerated rates of life, stress, irregular and poor-quality nutrition, uncontrolled intake of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, banal vomiting can lead to such a terrible complication. Bleeding from the upper parts of the digestive tract is most often associated with peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum. In the elderly, the frequency of bleeding increases due to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The causes can be divided into local, nasal and general, arising from certain diseases of the body. Nasal haemorrhages in frequency rank first among spontaneous bleedings, and according to different sources 3-5% of the total number hospitalized in the ENT hospitals. Nasal bleeding often occurs suddenly and may be accompanied by significant blood loss.
Author: Surgeon Denisov M.М.
In modern surgery, special attention is paid to internal bleeding. This is due to the fact that internal bleeding is much more difficult to diagnose than open one. This means that the medical assistance provided may be too late. Internal called bleeding, characterized by the outflow of blood into the natural cavity of the body or artificially created spaces.
Depending on the amount of blood flow, three degrees of bleeding are distinguished: moderate, medium and heavy.
Author: abdominal surgeon Denisov M.М.
The polyp of the intestine is becoming more and more widespread. Polyps are benign neoplasms, which are formed from the epithelium lining the intestine from the inside. Depending on the location, polyps of the small, large intestine and rectum are isolated. The danger of polyps lies in the fact that under the influence of certain factors they acquire a malignant character, that is, they are malignant. It was revealed that men are sick several times more often than women.
Author: doctor Derjushev A.N.
Megacolon, also known as Hirschsprung's disease (the Danish pediatrician Hirschprung, as early as 1886, speaking at a meeting of the Berlin Society of Pediatricians described it), Chagas disease (or Chagas disease), idiopathic megacolon, etc. represents a significant increase in the size of the colon of a very diverse origin. Sigmoid colon is more often affected.
Author: abdominal surgeon Denisov M.М.
Depending on the location, cancer of the small and large intestine is isolated. Therefore, in the topic of bowel cancer 4 stages they can be considered separately. The length of the small intestine is 80% of the entire intestine, but the incidence of this tumor is very small: benign neoplasm 3-5%, malignant 1%.
author: doctor Polevskaya K.G.
In order to eliminate the feeling of discomfort and heaviness in the intestine, it is necessary that in the daily diet of a person necessarily foods rich in fiber are present. There are two types of fiber - soluble and insoluble.
author: doctor Samoilova MA
What kind of mother does not want to give her child all the best? Especially if it concerns food. The first six months of life for a child is the single most valuable and indispensable is breast milk.
Many doctors do not recommend even dopaivat baby water, because breast milk is 80% water. Moreover, offering you water or tea, you risk provoking a decrease in the production of breast milk.
author: doctor Zheludkov AS
Epilepsy is a chronic brain disease caused by super-strong neuronal discharges in its cortex and resulting in disruption of autonomic, motor, sensitive, and mental functions.
author: Shevcherko N.G.
The appearance in our world of another man - a touching and unforgettable, the most important and bright moment. A young mother can immediately feel many unreasonable fears and doubts, and therefore it is important to be informed in advance and have an idea of how the very first year of the baby can take place.
author: Shevcherko N.G.
It will be about some principles of introducing complementary foods to a child with natural feeding.